Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Argh!

I had a nice post written but then my computer froze! I was hoping my writing would somehow have stayed here....oh well. I'm really behind, so I apologize. I know I have to:

1. Finish about scavenger hunt
2. Explain Tomo's concert.
3. Talk about my eating experience in Shinjuku
4. Post pics from Nikko and Kamakura.
5. Give you all details about my two Japanese families and homes!!

For now:

CIEE is traveling to a Japanese elementary school Friday. We have been broken into random groups to give different presentations to various grades. My partner Lillian (Nanny!) and I were assigned to a 5th grade class, and have decided to discuss the various backgrounds and cultures present in America. We'll use famous Americans as examples and, at the end, show how Japan has had an influence as well (Ichiro, Last Samurai, sushi places, etc). In addition, to open the program, I will have to give some kind of presentation in front of the whole school. Another gakusei and I will meet tomorrow to decided what to say....ack!

I registered for classes today....the classes start Monday but, for some really out there reason, we won't find out which classes we get until Tuesday. Don't ask, because I don't know. But here's what I signed up for:

1. Japanese (really?!)
2. Basic Chinese (kanji lessons=good)
3. Japanese Management
4. Japanese Civilization
5. Tokyo Urbanism

Sorry for the tsumaranai entries.....I'll try to work on it later this week. Oh! and a few guys and I may try to go to a Japanese baseball game Saturday! I'd trade it and alot else to see the Mets in the playoffs next week though....it's ok. I'll survive.

Maybe.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That happened to me to! I admire you. I just give up writing a post for the day. So the mets are in the playoffs? Good job! Are the Yankees? you have to take pics of the game!

PS- tomorrow im meeting with the head of the english department of a french middle school. Looks like we're both going to try to teach kids about america. lets hope it goes well!

tu me manque!
lisa

Lisa said...

That happened to me to! I admire you. I just give up writing a post for the day. So the mets are in the playoffs? Good job! Are the Yankees? you have to take pics of the game!

PS- tomorrow im meeting with the head of the english department of a french middle school. Looks like we're both going to try to teach kids about america. lets hope it goes well!

tu me manque!
lisa

Lisa said...

aaaaaaaaargh. i just wrote you a note and it got erased. i know how you feel now!

anyway congrats on the mets! take pics of the ballgame please im curious! i wonder if they bow during the 7th inning stretch?

hey im going to a school tomorrow too! and im teaching them about america too! cool! good luck and im sure you'll do great :)

tu me manque!
lisa

tiago cordeiro said...

nau dat taiglo! haz startd commenting, you are hapi man!

you: =D+<

you with hat: <=D+<

you as democrat: ?=[+<

Rose said...

Hi Bri!
I hope so much that you do get to go to a Japanese baseball game! As for the METS, we'll keep an eye here for you.
We showed Nanny & Poppy your photos when they came over for dinner. Guess which ones they enjoyed most? The ones you were in! The classes you signed up for seem real interesting but, yes, it is quite odd that you don't know if you actually get the ones you signed for until after school starts.
I've been meaning to ask you... intestines and cheek of????
We miss you but you bring us closer with your blog and photos!
Love and many hugs,
Mommy

Rose said...

Hi Bri!
Wow, I'm praying you get to the Japanese baseball game! I know you'll have an awesome time. As for the METS...we'll keep an eye on them at the home front. I do hope you get the classes you want. I can see how you would be fascinated with them! You said not to ask why you find out on Tues. if you get your desired classes. I won't ask but I would like to know...how do you know what classroom to go to on Mon.?
FMI..intestines and cheek of???

Rose said...

Hi Bri!
This is my 3rd attempt to post here. For some reason it's to be approved by the blog author?
I sure hope you do get to the Japanese baseball game. If you enjoy it half as much as you enjoy seeing the belovered METS, you'll have an awesome time!
We set up a slide show of your pics for Nanny and Poppy, this past weekend. They were so cute watching it because whenever a picture appeared, with you in it, they became so excited!
Going to your classes on Monday will be quite interseting since you don't know what they are until Tues.!(?) Let us know how that works.
Love and hugs,
Mommy

Counter