Saturday, October 07, 2006

How SWEET it is!

Los Angeles, California, United States of America
Late Night Saturday (or was it early Sunday?)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The New York Metropolitans, who started the 2006 season with a phenomenal 8-0 run, never did turn around for one last glance. Instead, they marched on to a MLB-best 97-65 record, winning the NL East by more than 10 games and becoming a very early favorite to appear in the 2006 World Series. Today simply served as further proof of dominance, as they completed a quick and easy 3 game sweep of the Wild Card Los Angeles Dodgers. They will next face the winner of the San Diego Padres-St.Louis Cardinals mathup. After that...bring on the AL!

My apologies- I know this has NOTHING to do with Japan (other that I am anxiously following each and every minute of the Mets 2006 playoff run from Tokyo!). Just bear with me over the next couple of weeks. Once the Mets win theWorld Series I'll most likely refocus on ONLY Japan...that is, until November when Jose Reyes, David Wright, and Carlos Beltran come to Tokyo to faceoff against select Japanese opponents : )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm depressed and excited at the same time. But congrats on the Mets! I'm excited for you!! Have you converted your host family yet?

PS- Happy Birthday to your Nanny!

Counter